Adapted from “The Simple Veganista”
For website go here: http://www.simple-veganista.com/2014/01/curried-chickpea-salad.html
· 1 can (15 oz.) Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
· 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
· 2 stalks Celery, diced
· 2 – 3 Green Onions, sliced
· 1/3 cup Raisins or chopped Dates
· 1/3 cup Cashew pieces, raw or toasted
· 1/4 cup Tahini
· 2 TBLS Vegan Mayo
· 1 TBLS Lemon Juice
· 1 tsp Red Chili Sauce
· 1/2 to 1 TBLS Curry Powder
· 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
· mineral Salt and cracked Pepper to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, add chickpeas and roughly mash with a potato masher. Add in the peppers, onions, celery, raisins, cashews, and curry powder. Mix well to combine.
In a small bowl, combine tahini with the mayo, lemon juice, chili sauce, garlic, a pinch of salt, and water until desired consistency. Taste for flavor, adding salt and cracked pepper if needed.
Serve on a bed of leafy greens with crackers or use as a sandwich spread, or in a wrap.